How to Write a Check
1. Check number.
2. Date the check is written. Write out the month, date, and year as shown above.
3. Pay to the order of: this is where you write the name of the person, company, or business that you are paying.
4. Write the amount of the check in words, as shown above. This is very important; the check may be returned if not written correctly.
5. The amount of the check written in numbers. The amount must match the written words on line #4.
6. This line is the “memo” line where you can write what the check is for, examples: rent, tuition bill, textbooks.
7. Bank routing number.
8. Your checking account number.
9. Your signature.