7 Ideas for a Spring Break Staycation
Spring Break is right around the corner—do you have plans yet? Not everyone can afford to fly somewhere warm for a week. Instead, grab some friends and plan a “staycation” right in Boulder. Below we’ve got a few ideas on how to have a frugal Spring Break Staycation without breaking the bank.
7 FREE Ideas:
- Attend an author reading/signing at a local bookstore.
- Rent movies from the library and have a movie night at home (try picking a theme: documentaries, foreign, thrillers, mysteries, etc.).
- Graduating soon or want a summer internship? Craft your resume and get your references lined up.
- Visit www.meetup.com to get together with other like-minded people who also want to hang out.
- Throw an old-fashioned game night and play your favorite board games (Monopoly, Twister, Scrabble to name a few).
- Check out the Buff Bulletin board, Boulder Weekly, and The Daily Camera for free cultural events.
- Get your finances in order; work on a budget, sign up for mint.com, track your spending. Visit cumoneysense.colorado.com for more ideas on how to get your money organized.